I have climbed to the top of the big rock candy mountain. There, amidst its frosted peaks, I have discovered a sugary nirvana. The bathroom scale may chastise me, and my dentist may hang his head in shame, but I do not care. I have tasted heaven, and it is a doughnut ice-cream sandwich!
Yes, I know it sounds like some crazy, Skittle-induced fantasy… as if I had just claimed to find a jewel-encrusted unicorn who does my taxes for free. But I assure you, this creation is real, and commercially available (to those who can get to Holey Cream, on 9th Avenue in New York).
Here’s the formula:
- Split a freshly made doughnut (the plain kind, with a tender inside and a slightly crisp outer surface).
- On the bottom half, arrange three scoops of homemade, artisanal gelato (any combination of flavors).
- Dip the top half in your choice of three different frosting flavors.
- Gently place the top half on top of the gelato.
- Top the whole thing with your choice of candy toppings, like sprinkles, chocolate chips, cookie crumbs, etc..
- Take a moment to thank the universe for giving you this opportunity.
- Forget everything you know about calorie counts, and enjoy!
(Help me spread the sweet gospel, please share this post, “Like” it and “+1” it.)