If you need any more proof that geeks now rule the universe, you need look no further than the list of 2012-13 winter storm names from The Weather Channel. As Winter Storm Luna bears down on the East, I took a good look at the list and was stunned to find at least 15 different flavors of geekdom represented among the 26 names. Behold, a veritable cornucopia of geek!
First off, here’s the full list:
Athena, Brutus, Caesar, Draco, Euclid, Freyr, Gandolf, Helen, Iago, Jove, Khan, Luna, Magnus, Nemo, Orko, Plato, Q, Rocky, Saturn, Triton, Ukko, Virgil, Walda, Xerxes, Yogi, and Zeus.
Here’s the breakdown by geek type (with a lot of overlap):
- Greek pantheon geek: Athena, Triton, Zeus
- Roman pantheon geek: Jove, Saturn
- Norse mythology geek: Freyr
- Finnish mythology geek: Ukko
- Ancient history geek: Brutus, Caesar, Euclid, Helen, Magnus, Plato, Virgil, Xerxes
- Philosophy geek: Plato
- Math geek: Euclid
- Poetry geek: Virgil
- Literature geek: Brutus, Caesar, Draco, Gandolf, Iago, Nemo,Virgil
- Movie geek: Draco, Gandolf, Iago, Khan, Luna, Nemo, Rocky, Xerxes, Yogi
- Star Trek geek: Khan, Q
- Animated geek: Iago, Nemo, Orko, Yogi
- Harry Potter geek: Draco, Luna
- Shakespeare geek: Brutus, Caesar, Iago
- Lord of the Rings geek: Gandolf, Walda
If I somehow missed a geeky subdivision, feel free to chime in!
(If you like this post, show some love. "Like" it, "Tweet" it, "+1" it and "Share" it).